Beach volleyball can be played with 2-6 players on each side of the net. Thanyapura’s volleyball courts are situated in between the tennis courts and 500m running track. The floor of the court is sandy and uneven, offering a lower body workout like no other. You can burn up to 480 calories in a one-hour game. Friendly competition encourages you to jump, leap, dig, set and spike your way to a winning point. Along with burning calories and fat, beach volleyball is a great way to tone and shape your body. The quickness of the game also helps to improve coordination, balance and agility.
It also increases your metabolic rate, boosting your energy levels and improving your overall performance in other fitness areas. As it is a social team sport, players can bring as much strategy and team work as they wish to the court, making their workout more fun. Commonly, beach volleyball is played without shoes. The rules are fundamentally similar to indoor volleyball, and Thanyapura can help you familiarise yourself with the scoring system if you are unsure. It is thought that the sport originated around 1915 on Waikiki Beach in Hawaii, and it is now played on beaches around the world, and has been an Olympic discipline since 1996.
- Burn more than 500 calories
- Better muscle strength and tone
- Total body workout for the core and lower legs
- Improved coordination, balance, and reflexes
What Should I Bring?
- Bottled water
- Workout towel
Additional Class Information
- If you have any injuries, please be assessed one on one and bring a medical certificate to participate in the class.
- Classes, coaches and venues are subject to change due to availability.
- All classes are on “First Come, First Serve” basis and subject to availability.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Club Services.
- Please be ready 10 mins before classes start to ensure they run on time.